CPS Online Announcements
Goodbye "Apex"...Hello "Edgenuity!"
CPS Online has changed content providers for certain courses. Courses that were taught using "Apex" in years past will now be taught using "Edgenuity." Although this will mean that students who were used to "Apex" will have to learn a new LMS (Learning Management System), we are confident that the increased flexibility of the Edgenuity platform will be a huge benefit to all of our online learners!
Wonder what Edgenuity looks like for a student? Click here for a video overview: https://www.edgenuity.com/student-experience/
This Month's FEATURED COURSE: Digital Media: Apps in the Cloud
Looking for a course to add to your schedule? Check out "Digital Media: Apps in the Cloud!" In this course, you’ll work with applications that facilitate online information sharing and collaboration. Use image, audio, video and animation apps for online digital media. Work in the cloud to use and share word processing, spreadsheet and presentations files. Learn to increase your productivity with educational apps and become a better digital citizen. Finish each semester by creating an online portfolio.
Want to see what students think of--and have done in--Digital Media: Apps in the Cloud? Check out these two recent student portfolios:
Columbia Public Schools offers students in grades 9-12 the opportunity to take one/more of their classes online. These online courses are designed for students who are self-motivated and can work independently. In an online course, students take the entire course online as opposed to a face-to-face classroom environment. Courses follow the same semester calendar as face-to-face courses.Course Selection Includes (but is not limited to):
- Career Path Internship
- Career Exploration
- Personal Finance
- Physical Education
- U.S. Government
- Click on the "CPS Online Course Offerings" link to the left for a current list of available courses and/or ask your counselor for more information.
More About CPS Online
- Courses are available for grades 9-12;
- Courses are asynchronous (i.e students work at their own pace);
- Assignments are due at specified weekly intervals;
- All content is online;
- Students will access online courses through Schoology or Edgenuity depending upon the course;
- Students are expected to log in daily to the online course to check for instructor updates;
- Students can work on assignments anytime throughout the week, as long as work is posted by specified due dates;
- Students can work on courses at school or offsite if the student has access to a personal computer and Internet access;
- Online courses are aligned with the current school semester calendar;
- All course finals must be taken at a school facility and proctored by a CPS employee designated by the CPS Online Program Coordinator;
- Course Instructors are CPS instructors.
CPS Online Support
Monday–Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (EST)
Saturday–Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST)Schoology SupportYour Building's Media Specialist (Click here for Media Center Contacts List)Schoology Support Web Site (https://support.schoology.com/hc/en-us/categories/200077723-General#section-header)CPS Technology Services Help Desk
Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 6:00 pm
CPS Online OfficeOffice: 573-214-3824Cell/Text: 573-864-7984