CPS Online Summer School 2022
Welcome Letter--The 2022 CPS Online Summer School "Welcome Email" was sent out on May 11 to all current enrolled students. Click here to view a copy of that letter: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k0Ya1-_mViGG12r29ODaCX2bQWmaX2kZloPnwCTMYoM/edit?usp=sharing
Optional Parent/Student "Q & A" ZOOMS--May 17, 24 and 31st @ 7:00pm. The same info is repeated each session. The ZOOM link for those sessions was included in the 2022 Welcome Letter.
Individual Course Orientations--Individual Class Orientations (Scheduled by individual teachers)--Students will receive an email from their teacher with the date and ZOOM link.
CPS Devices (laptops) For Rising Ninth Graders
BHS-- Current Battle students will recheck their laptops during the laptop return day (May 26th) and keep the same laptop for the entirety of summer school. Incoming 9th Graders or New-to-CPS students will need to stop by the BHS Library Media Center one of the following times. Please contact Battle Media Specialists Jayme Pingree (email@example.com) or Carolyn Chipley (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions:
- May 23-25, 8:15-4:30
- May 31, 8:30-12:00
- June 1, 12:00-4:00
- Students may also visit the Media Center during normal summer school hours, 8:30-4:00 any day summer school is in session)
- ** Important**: While parents are allowed to come check out a laptop for their student if their student cannot attend, the parent must have the student’s username and password to login to the laptop on campus. The laptop will not work off campus if this step is not completed at check out.
HHS -- Current Hickman students will recheck their laptops during the laptop return day (May 26th) and keep the same laptop for the entirety of summer school. Incoming 8th Graders or New-to-CPS students will need to stop by the Hickman Library Media Center one of the following times. Please contact Hickman Media Specialists James Kome (Jkome@cpsk12.org) or Katie Dunne (email@example.com) with questions:
- Monday, May 23rd between 8:15AM and 6:00PM
- Tuesday, May 24th between 8:15AM and 6:00PM
- Wednesday May 25th between 8:15AM and 4:20PM.
- You may also pick up your laptop during Summer School Open House (Wednesday, June 1st 5:00PM-6:30PM) or the first day of summer school (Thursday, June 2nd 8:30AM-4:30PM)
RBHS -- Current RBHS students should keep their laptops for use during summer school. Incoming 8th Graders or New-to-CPS students can pick up a laptop at the RBHS Media Center between Monday, May 23 and Friday, May 27. We’ll be open from 8:15-4:15. Students will need to use their current login and password for summer school, and must login on the laptops on campus before they take their devices home. Students may also pick up their devices on the first day of Summer School: Tuesday, June 2. Please contact Rock Bridge Media Specialists Jill Varns (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Donny Silver (email@example.com) with questions.
CPS Online Announcements
Parenting, Media, and Everything in Between
Digital media and technology aren't going anywhere. So it's worthwhile to focus on how parents, caregivers, and teachers can work together to help kids develop essential life skills, both with and without the use of screens. Check out these resources for families from Common Sense Media: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/articles/teens
Need Technical Help With Edgenuity?
Call (877) 202-0338 for Edgenuity technical help. (All content-related questions should go to your CPS teacher).
Columbia Public Schools offers students the opportunity to take one/more of their classes online. These online courses are designed for students who are self-motivated and can work independently. In an online course, students take the entire course online as opposed to a face-to-face classroom environment. Courses follow the same semester calendar as face-to-face courses.Course Selection Includes (but is not limited to):
- Career Path Internship
- Career Exploration
- Personal Finance
- Physical Education
- U.S. Government
- Click on the "CPS Online Course Offerings" link to the left for a current list of available courses and/or ask your counselor for more information.
More About CPS Online
CPS Board of Education Equity StatementColumbia Public Schools, through action and in partnership with families and the community will uphold the values, policies, and practices that promote cultural competence. We will accept, embrace, and empower students and staff in their individual identities to establish and sustain human dignity, justice, equitable treatment, and inclusiveness in the classroom and workplace.
- Courses are available for grades 6-12.
- Courses are asynchronous (i.e students work at their own pace).
- Assignments are due at specified weekly intervals.
- All content is online.
- Students will access online courses through Schoology or Edgenuity depending upon the course.
- Students can work on courses at school or offsite if the student has access to a personal computer and Internet access.
- Online courses are aligned with the current school semester calendar.
- Course Instructors are certified CPS instructors, most of whom teach the same content in an in-seat classroom.
- Course content " parallels" the curriculum used in CPS classrooms.
- Students remain in contact with their CPS counselor and regular CPS school building.
CPS Online Support
Monday–Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (EST)
Saturday–Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST)Schoology SupportYour Building's Media Specialist (Click here for Media Center Contacts List)Schoology Support Web Site (https://support.schoology.com/hc/en-us/categories/200077723-General#section-header)CPS Technology Services Help Desk
573-214-3334 (Students ONLY)573-214-3333
Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 5:30 pm
CPS Online OfficeOffice: 573-214-3824