2019 Summer School
Tuition Free Programs:
- A+ Tutoring opportunities may be arranged for secondary students enrolled in the A+ program.
- Columbia Summer SUNsation offers free summer school sessions for students. Programs are available for students entering Kindergarten through 8th grade. Enrollment begins on February 19!
- Student's EEE or ELL teacher will provide families with paper enrollment forms.
- Early Childhood Special Education
- English Language Learner Summer Program provides support for students to continue English language instruction and participate in other regular classes.
- Gifted Education (EEE) for grades 2-5 for students enrolled in the EEE Gifted Program.
- Gifted Education (EEE) for grades 6-8 for students enrolled in the EEE Gifted Program.
- MAC Scholars Summer Opportunities
- Secondary Summer Music Program provides choir, orchestra and band courses for secondary students entering grades 7 - 9.
- Secondary Summer School enrollment begins Tuesday, February 5, 2019
- Online enrollment for Secondary Summer School will open on Tuesday, February 5 at 9:00 a.m. Parents of students grades 9 - 12 have access to online enrollment by going to the following site: www.cpsk12.org/ssenroll. Students entering grades 10-12 also have access.
- In that summer school is 19 days, students absent more than THREE days in an in-seat credit advancement course are not able to earn credit. All absences, including those due to school-related activities count toward the three-day maximum.
- Please review the 2019 Secondary Registration Guide. We strongly encourage you to read the Frequently Asked Questions section and the description for courses you are planning to request. Some courses have pre-requisites and/or grade restrictions of which you need to be aware.
- Special Education Extended School Year grades K-12 (ESY)
- STEMette is a week-long program for girls entering 7th or 8th grade. The program is sponsored by Columbia STEM Alliance in collaboration with the Mizzou College of Engineering and Columbia Public Schools.
- Camp Invention is a tuition-based program for students entering grades 1-5.
- Columbia Area Career Center Summer Camp for Youth is a tuition-based program for youth ages 10 to 14.
- Columbia Summer Enrichment Program is a tuition-based program for students entering kindergarten through grade 8. During this 14-day session students participate in courses selected from a wide variety of offerings. Program Dates: Tuesday, July 9 - Friday, July 26, 2019
- Columbia Summer Enrichment Preschool is a tuition-based program available for students between the ages of 3 and 5. Program Dates: Session 1 - Monday, June 10 - Thursday, June 27, 2019; Session 2 - Tuesday, July 9 - Friday, July 26, 2019
- FUN City Youth Academy provides afternoon programming to students in grades 1-5. Columbia Public Schools complements this offering by providing free CPS Summer SUNsation programming in the mornings.