Early Childhood Discovery Center - on Rainforest Parkway901 Rainforest ParkwayColumbia MO 65202(573) 214-3430The Early Childhood Discovery Center is located at 901 Rainforest Parkway. Within this building, there are five ECSE (Early Childhood Special Education) classrooms:
- Two classrooms are traditional ECSE classroom which serve students with a variety of needs 4 half days per week (one AM class and one PM class).
- Two classrooms are specially designed to meet the needs of students with hearing loss. Please click here for more information on services for students with hearing loss.
- The remaining ECSE classroom housed at the Early Childhood Discovery Center is the LEAP classroom. LEAP (Language Enrichment & Articulation Preschool) is an ECSE classroom with a speech, language and literacy focus. Please click here for more information on the LEAP classroom.
Peer models (preschool aged children with average to above average skills) participate in each of the ECSE classrooms at the Discovery Center alongside children who have an educational disability in one or more developmental areas. School hours at the Discovery Center are 8:20-11:20(AM class sessions) and 12:20-3:20(PM class sessions).Special Building Policies:
Information for Early Childhood Discovery Center Families:
- If you would like to observe your child within his/her classroom, please make arrangements with your child's teacher ahead of time. There will be a form you will need to fill out to document the time and date you wish to observe as well as some training on maintaining the confidentiality of the classrooms and other children.
- Please make sure to communicate with your child's teacher about pick up and drop off routines as these have recently changed.