2021 Secondary Summer Music Program
Students entering grades 7 - 9
The Summer Music Program has been tweaked for 2021 to allow as MUCH time as possible for students to play/sing in ensembles. Students will select a band/choir/orchestra experience and the entire morning will be built around 'filling in the gaps' from our less than ideal 2020-21 school year. Students will split time between large ensembles and small instrument/voice type classes to work on concert music and technique. Jazz Band will also be offered depending on enrollment and interest. Rising 9th graders will have time to work with their soon-to-be high school teachers and programs as part of the rotation.
ScheduleDates: Monday, July 12 - Wednesday, July 21, 2021
EnrollmentThere are two steps to enrollment in the Summer Music Program.
- 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Parent Transportation (Bus transportation not provided)
- For students enrolled in:
- Step 1 Enrollment: Parents should enroll their student(s) for Summer Music here: www.cpsk12.org/ssenroll.
- Step 2 Course Selection: Course selection may be submitted through the Online Instrument/Course Selection Form here: https://forms.gle/S1sECjiKEt8Sv8Dc8
- Registration deadline: Monday, June 14, 2021