Kindergarten FAQ

  • Who is eligible to enroll in kindergarten?

    Children who are five years old before August 1, 2020 may enroll in kindergarten for the 2020-21 school year.

    My child attends a CPS preschool program. Do I need to complete an enrollment form?

    No, your current enrollment will suffice. You need to bring your legal proof of residence to your school, and you may be asked to update your contact information. You also need to bring an updated immunization record.

    When is kindergarten registration open house?

    Thursday, March 5, 2020. Click here to see when your school will be hosting this event.

    What should I bring to the kindergarten registration open house?

    Please click here for the information.

    I completed the online registration. Do I still need to attend kindergarten registration?

    Yes, we need you to join us that evening with your supporting documents (link).

    Where should parents and children enroll in kindergarten?

    Parents should enroll their children at the elementary school that serves their neighborhood. Use the school locator to determine the school your child should attend. Call (573) 214-3400 for assistance.

    If you are not able to attend the Kindergarten Registration Open House, please contact your school as soon as possible to make arrangements.