Internet Safety for Students
Safety Tips for Passwords
1. Never give out your password.
2. Never use the same password if someone figures your password out then they have access to everything.
3. Create passwords that are easy to remember but hard to guess.
Netiquette and General Rules to Guide Online Behavior
1. Never post personal information online. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you or your location. For examples of personal information that you do not want to give out, click here.
2. Always use a generic username.
3. Never open attachments and e-mails from strangers. They can contain viruses and worms.
4. If you wouldn't say something to someone's face don't say it online.
5. Don't type in all CAPITALS! It means you are shouting!