Our Parkade Panther Choir enrollment will start back up after Winter Break! Look for more details in January.
Panther Choir Handbook:
Please be sure your child is at all rehearsals! If we have a late start or a snow day, choir is cancelled for that morning.
Parkade Elementary’s Choir program is an enrichment activity that gives students the opportunity to perform music at a higher level than is possible in regular music class. We strive to sing quality literature and expose students to music of different styles and cultures. Additionally, choir is a social activity where our students learn to interact with their peers and build relationships in a musical ensemble. Choir attendance must be a priority for us to attain these goals.
1) Three unexcused absences per semester will result in dismissal from the choir. In order for the absence to be excused, the Choir member will need to bring a note from a guardian to the next rehearsal (or beforehand) explaining the absence. E-mailed excuses to me also work well! Three late arrivals (after 7:15) will count as one absence.
2) Choir members are very visible representatives of our schools. Their conduct and behavior is very important. Membership in this group can be terminated for unacceptable behavior at rehearsals or performances. If a student is disruptive or makes poor behavior choices during rehearsal, parents will be contacted. Students who do not improve will be dismissed from the choir.
3) We will have rehearsals at our regularly scheduled time on Wednesdays, 7:15-8:00 a.m. All rehearsals will be at Parkade Elementary School in the gym, unless otherwise notified. Mrs. Fuller will be in the gym by 7:00 a.m. Please do not drop your students off before 7:00 a.m.
4) If school is not in session, we will not meet.
5) For our concerts, choir students will be wear choir t-shirts. Please contact me if purchasing a t-shirt is difficult for your family. We will provide you with donated attire or look for a source of alternative funding. The inability to purchase a t-shirt should not prevent any child from participating.