| Parents! Things to note...
- Homework is almost daily in Algebra 1 - ask to see it; follow along with the assignments on Schoology.
- Stress the need for neat, complete and accurate work.
- Encourage your student to use the online resources to study and prepare for exams - start early.
- Contact the teacher as soon as possible when you have a question or concern.
- Emphasize the need for completing make-up work and/or late work in a timely matter.
| Students! Things to note...
- Be in class everyday. You can get help from me before or after school, however, there is no substitute for being in class.
- Check Home Access often - keep track of your work and grades.
- Just because you understand the way I do a problem in class, it doesn't mean YOU can do it too. Try the examples yourself during your study time.
- Work with your classmates - face to face - correct each other, explain problems to each other, talk about the math.
- There are no "stupid" questions - ask the teacher; ask your classmates.
- Put away your cell phone - your next text can wait - when in class, math is your focus.
- Be timely about completing make-up/late work - you don't want to get further behind.