Lange Special Services
Our Mission: To individualize the instruction and supports necessary for students in special education to reach their educational goals.
Meet the team!
Speech & Language
Speech & Language
SPED Teacher - 6th ELA
SPED Teacher - 7th ELA
SPED Teacher - 8th ELA
SPED Teacher - 6th Math
SPED Teacher - 7th Math
SPED Teacher - 8th Math
English Learners Teacher
- A Way with Words and Numbers tutoring resource: https://career.missouri.edu/a-way-with-words-numbers/
- Khan Academy is a free online resource for math and other lessons and practice: https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Epic gives access to 40,000 digital books. Students can log in with preexisting accounts or sign up for free for 30 days. https://www.getepic.com/
- English E 6, English E 7, English E 8 and Math E6:
- Special education English class led by a Special Education teacher who will service students in small groups settings to address prioritized grade level standards.
- Reading for Success using the Wilson Reading System (WRS):
- WRS is an intensive Tier 3 program for students in grades 2-12 and adults with word-level deficits who are not making sufficient progress through their current intervention; have been unable to learn with other teaching strategies and require multisensory language instruction; or who require more intensive structured literacy instruction due to a language-based learning disability, such as dyslexia. WRS directly and systematically teaches the structure of the English language. Through the program, students learn fluent decoding and encoding skills to the level of mastery.
- Co-Teaching Math and English:
- Students with IEP’s will be serviced in a general education classroom where a general education and special education teacher will work together to address grade level standards.
- Skills for Success:
- Coursework is prepared to address reading, writing, executive functioning skills, critical thinking, and speaking & listening and behaviors.
- Math E6:
- A comprehensive math intervention curriculum that targets middle students. Using a dual-topic approach, this class improves math skills by emphasizing fewer topics in greater depth while accelerating students to more advanced math, from number sense to rational numbers, to understanding algebra. Students who struggle with math will find new concept mastery and confidence.