CPS Virtual--Middle School
Issue with ipads, iboss, and tmobile hotspots resolved - and the fix
The issue with the hotspots has been resolved. Below is a communication we will be sending to all elem and middle school students later this afternoon.
If you have a CPS-issued iPad and use a CPS-issued T-Mobile Hotspot (Alcatel or Franklin brands), please install the following app from Self Service to ensure your iPad continues to connect to the internet through your hotspot.
- T-Mobile iBossConnect App
The app should install quickly, but if you were experiencing issues connecting to the internet before this app install it may take 30 minutes or more for the overall installation process to complete. Note: After installing the T-Mobile iBossConnect app, you will be unable to uninstall apps on the iPad. However, your iPad should connect to the internet, without any issues, through your T-Mobile hotspot.
If you experience any issues after installing the app, or the app won’t install, please contact the Student Help Desk at 573-214-3334
- Middle School technicians are available for physical support in middle schools from 12:30 to 2:30 PM on days school is in session.
- Technicians are available at Aslin for support from 5:00 to 7:00 PM on days school is in session (except Fridays).
- Help desk JUST for students--> Call 573-214-3334
- Tech Help CHAT button for students on the CPS Tech Services Help page Looks like this>>>
Other MS Virtual Info
How Do CPS Virtual Classes Work?
CPS Virtual classes run on the same time schedule as in-seat classes. Students should be hearing from their teachers with the ZOOM link for their classes. Click on that link when it is time for that class. The SAMPLE schedule above shows when a student is expected to log into their teacher's ZOOM classroom. It also gives an idea how Wednesdays will work for students.
CPS Virtual MS--Announcements
CPS Technology Services Help Desk = 214-3333
CPS Technology Services Student Help = 214-3334
Monday - Friday 7am - 5:00pm
Closed Thursdays 2pm - 3pm
Your CPS Device Not Working or Need Face-to-Face Technical Support?
If you CPS device is not working you can take it to your building's Media Specialist for help. If you are a 100% virtual student you can take it to one of the following:
- A CPS Middle School from 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm M-F
- The front entrance to the Aslin Building Monday-Thursday from 5:00 -7:00 p.m.
Contact David Bones, CPS Online Coordinator, 573-214-3924, firstname.lastname@example.org