Students’ Academic Expectations:
Students will Log in to Schoology (and Zoom) each day and complete the assignments for the day. It is essential that students study and review the vocabulary/grammar every day to master the content. Unlike other electives, Spanish Class is a class where students will need to study every day. This is because Spanish is a high school-level class and students will receive one high school credit if they successfully complete each level (Spanish 1A + 1B= Spanish 1). It takes a lot of repetition to memorize new vocabulary words. Because of this, I recommend that students study 15-20 minutes every day.
- 10% Formative Assessments (Homework, Classwork, etc)
- 90% Summative Assessments (Projects, Quizzes, Tests, final etc.)
- Will be given daily in Schoology. Expect to do work every day - 5 days a week.
- Complete assignments in order. Language builds from day to day; therefore, it is really important you do Lesson 1 before working on Lesson 2, etc.
- Pacing of Units/Assignments- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZJbtW8KKvkMI-qqGJwiXNkzQnfQUgkxpKr5t4B9mPyE/edit?usp=sharing
Late work policy:
Accepted until the day before the Unit test/assessment.
Retakes are available. To do so, students are required to meet during office hours for tutoring and/or completing practice assignments before being eligible to retake an assessment.
- Be on time
- Be respectful to ALL
- Work hard
- Complete all assignments
- Ask Questions
What do I need to be successful in a Spanish classroom?
I am organized.
- I have an assignment calendar and update it frequently.
- I check my email and Schoology every day.
- I keep a clean, tidy notebook only for Spanish.
- I have a folder online for handouts.
I am prepared.
- I arrive to class on time. (Zoom or in person).
- My work is complete before class.
- I have everything I need to go before class starts.
- I plan for my absences when possible.
- I am focused.
- I ask questions when I have them.
- I attend office hours when I need to.
- I eliminate the distractions around me (texting, talking, multitasking, etc).
- I do my part in partner and group activities.
I am kind.
- I forgive my own mistakes and those of my classmates. I give myself, and them, some grace.
- I help when I identify a need.
- I model and build positive relationships with my classmates and teacher.
I use Spanish.
- I speak-write-listen in Spanish during instruction.
- I seek opportunities to live in Spanish outside the classroom.
- (I read, listen to music, text my friends, watch movies, etc. in Spanish.)
I practice and don’t give up.
- I review my notes and vocabulary every day.
- I make a plan to overcome challenges.
I am honest.
- I do my own work.
- I advocate for my needs and communicate about them clearly with my teacher.
How to Contact Me:
It is going to be VITAL that you know how to contact me this year. Please use the following means to contact me anytime. Please be patient until I get back to you. 24 hours is standard, although I usually get back to you much earlier than that.
- Email: email@example.com