2022 Bond Election Information
The Columbia Board of Education has called a special election for Tuesday, April 5, 2022, to submit a proposal for an $80 million no-tax-rate increase bond issue to Columbia voters. The bond issue proposal requires 57 percent approval for passage.
Did you know...
- Student enrollment has increased by more than 1,500 students in the last 10 years; another 1,000 students are projected over the next five years.
- 18,527 students PreK-12 are enrolled, making CPS the 5th largest school district in Missouri.
- To date, the school district has eliminated 153 trailers. In 2006, there were 173 trailers in use; today there are 20.
- There are 39 school buildings and 3 support facilities.
- The district maintains 3.56 million square feet of building space and 1.9 million square feet of roof space.
- More than half the buildings are 40 years old or older. Only six schools are less than 10 years old.
For more than a century, Columbia Public Schools has been educating children. During that time, the number of students has grown from a little more than 300 to more than 18,000 – making it the 5th largest school district in Missouri. While continuing to grow, and with the support of our community, Columbia Public Schools has maintained its tradition of excellence and a dedication to achievement, enrichment and opportunity for all of our scholars.Author: Columbia Public SchoolsLength: 4:46
Images of the proposed elementary school in the John Warner property.
Images of the proposed addition and renovation at the Career Center.