• Group of students holding a sign with Kindergarten Open House March 7 written in a crayon font
    Kindergarten Open House FAQs

    How do I know which Open House to attend? 

    Kindergarten Open House will be on March 7, from 4:00 - 6:00 PM for all schools. Families should attend the open house for the school that serves their attendance area. You can find your home school on our website at cpsk12.org/attendance 

    Kindergarten enrollment for the 2024-25 school year is now open! Columbia Public Schools (CPS) offers two options for kindergarten enrollment: either online or using a paper form and making an appointment with their home school. You can use the school locator to determine your school.

    Online Enrollment Application

    Online Enrollment (OLR)

    If you do not presently have a child enrolled in Columbia Public Schools (CPS), you may start a new registration.

    If another child is already attending school with Columbia Public Schools, please log into the CPS Families Portal and open Campus Parent.  Navigate through the Campus Parent menu, choose 'more,' and then select 'Annual Registration.' From there, initiate the enrollment process for the 2024-2025 academic year for your incoming kindergartner.

    Paper Enrollment Application

    Families may also use a paper application to begin the enrollment process

    Important Documents to Prepare 

    1. Birth certificate issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics (except for currently enrolled CPS Preschool students)
    2. A copy of your student's immunization record. You may review the immunization requirements for Missouri.
    3. Proof of residence (current water, electric, or gas bill, home contract/lease showing address, or a notarized letter from the owner of the residence with whom the family is living and residence utility bill).

    Other supporting documents may be needed. 

    Note: If your child is enrolled in a CPS Preschool, Early Learning / Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE), or Public Education Employee Retirement System (PEERS), you only need to bring an updated immunization card and proof of residence.