Welcome to the 2023-24 School Year!
We're excited to welcome our scholars to a new school year!
On this site you will find items and information you will need to begin the year, including information on completing the annual registration process, school supplies, back-to-school nights and open houses and more.
The first step is to complete your scholar's annual registration information via the CPS Families Portal.
To get started, log in to the CPS Families Portal with your CPS-issued guardian ID and password.
If needed, guardian ID and/or password information can also be found at the CPS Families Portal Username and Guardian Email Check.
Once logged in to the CPS Families Portal locate the Campus Parent icon to begin the annual registration update process. Within the registration update process, you will have access to the following:
- School registration updates (updating your scholar's contact information, emergency contact information, health information, bus information, school lunch status, acknowledgements and agreements, etc.)
- Bus Opt-In - Families must indicate if they will require bus transportation services this school year. This is included as a question within the registration update. It is a mandatory question that requires an answer to complete your registration submission. Families that indicate they will require transportation and need alternate pick-up or drop-off accommodations can then complete the Alternate Transportation Survey tab on the portal. If you have already completed the early opt-in form, your will be asked to confirm your selection and enter in additional information. Bus opt-in information must be completed by August 8 in order to receive bus transportation on the first day of school.
As a reminder, Columbia Public Schools only offers transportation services to those students that meet the following qualifications based on home of residence:
- High School (grades 9-12): reside 2 miles or more from school
- Middle School: (grades 6-8) reside 1 mile or more from school
- Elementary (grades K-5): reside 1 mile or more from school
Additional instructions are attached to assist you. For technical assistance with the registration update or the CPS Families Portal, please contact the CPS Helpdesk at Helpdesk@cpsk12.org or 573-214-3333.