CPS Online Announcements
There are a lot of great online resources out there...two of these are offered for FREE by the Daniel Boones Regional Library for anyone with a valid library card:
Lynda.com--Lynda.com offers video tutorials on technology skills, creative techniques, business strategies and other subject areas. Classes are taught by top experts and are set up so you can learn at your own pace.
Universal Class offers over 500 free online continuing education courses taught by real instructors with remote, 24/7 access so you can study on your schedule. Click here to register: https://dbrlmo-universalclass-com.proxy.dbrl.org/promo.htm?
Columbia Public Schools offers students in grades 9-12 the opportunity to take one/more of their classes online. These online courses are designed for students who are self-motivated and can work independently. In an online course, students take the entire course online as opposed to a face-to-face classroom environment. Courses follow the same semester calendar as face-to-face courses.Course Selection Includes (but is not limited to):
- Career Path Internship
- Career Exploration
- Personal Finance
- Physical Education
- U.S. Government
- Click on the "CPS Online Course Offerings" link to the left for a current list of available courses and/or ask your counselor for more information.
More About CPS Online
- Courses are available for grades 9-12;
- Courses are asynchronous (i.e students work at their own pace);
- Assignments are due at specified weekly intervals;
- All content is online;
- Students will access online courses through Schoology or Apex Learning depending upon the course;
- Students are expected to log in daily to the online course to check for instructor updates;
- Students can work on assignments anytime throughout the week, as long as work is posted by specified due dates;
- Students can work on courses at school or offsite if the student has access to a personal computer and Internet access;
- CPS does NOT provide technology resources for off-site access;
- Online courses are aligned with the current school semester calendar;
- All course finals must be taken at a school facility and proctored by a CPS employee designated by the CPS Online Program Coordinator;
- Course Instructors are CPS instructors.
CPS Online Support
Monday - Friday
5:00 am - 7:00 pm PT
https://support.apexlearning.com/contactSchoology SupportYour Building's Media Specialist (Click here for Media Center Contacts List)Schoology Support Web Site (https://support.schoology.com/hc/en-us/categories/200077723-General#section-header)CPS Technology Services Help Desk
Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 6:00 pm
CPS Online OfficeOffice: 573-214-3824Cell/Text: 573-864-7984