About CPS Online
Columbia Public Schools offers students the opportunity to take one/more of their classes online. These online courses are designed for students who are self-motivated and can work independently.
- Courses are available for grades K-12.
- Grades 6-12 courses are asynchronous (i.e students work at their own pace)
- All content is online.
- All courses start in Schoology, which is where students will find general information about the course. From there:
- Some courses are taught right within Schoology.
- Some courses are taught using Edgenuity. Students can log into Edgenuity by going through the CPS Student Portal and looking for the Edgenuity icon.
- Students can work on courses at school or offsite if the student has access to a personal computer and Internet access.
- Online courses are aligned with the current school semester calendar.
- Course Instructors are certified CPS instructors, most of whom teach the same content in an in-seat classroom.
- Course content " parallels" the curriculum used in CPS classrooms.
- Students remain in contact with their CPS counselor and regular CPS school building.
- Our mascot is the Sea Lion....as in "Sea you on Lion!!"
More Information About CPS Online
CPS Online Frequently Asked Questions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hVxSXt-CEuXlQDhvFxhNREZC06nDJmGnKIbiNiBn5SI/edit?usp=share_link
Downloadable .pdf about CPS Online: CPS Online Program Info
Experiencing Issues With Edgenuity?
Check the status of the Edgenuity site: https://status.imaginelearning.com