CPS Online Announcements
Summer School Enrollment Opens Feb 3rd
Online enrollment for summer school will open for parents/students on Feb. 3 at 9 a.m.
Fall 2019 Online Semester Finals Schedule Announced
CPS Online courses require a "proctored" (supervised) in-person final*. Some teachers may schedule their own, but unless you hear otherwise from your teacher plan on taking your online finals at your home school as follows:
- Middle School students=Take in your normal RTI/EEE/Online Study Hall classroom during finals week (Dec 16-20)
- High School students take their final as follows (Please make sure all of your students are aware of these dates/times):
- Monday, 16=BHS Online finals--9-4, Media Center
- Tuesday, 17=HHS Online finals--9-4, Media Center
- Wednesday, 18=RBHS Online finals--9-4, PAC Lobby
*Bring your own device*
Students who are not able to take their final on the designated day should contact their online teacher to make alternative arrangements.
*Some courses (e.g. Online P.E., Digital Media: Apps in the Cloud, Digital Filmmaking Essentials, Career Path Internship and Career Exploration) have final projects in lieu of an in-seat final.
Columbia Public Schools offers students the opportunity to take one/more of their classes online. These online courses are designed for students who are self-motivated and can work independently. In an online course, students take the entire course online as opposed to a face-to-face classroom environment. Courses follow the same semester calendar as face-to-face courses.Course Selection Includes (but is not limited to):
- Career Path Internship
- Career Exploration
- Personal Finance
- Physical Education
- U.S. Government
- Click on the "CPS Online Course Offerings" link to the left for a current list of available courses and/or ask your counselor for more information.
More About CPS Online
- Courses are available for grades 6-12;
- Courses are asynchronous (i.e students work at their own pace);
- Assignments are due at specified weekly intervals;
- All content is online;
- Students will access online courses through Schoology or Edgenuity depending upon the course;
- Students are expected to log in daily to the online course to check for instructor updates;
- Students can work on assignments anytime throughout the week, as long as work is posted by specified due dates;
- Students can work on courses at school or offsite if the student has access to a personal computer and Internet access;
- Online courses are aligned with the current school semester calendar;
- All course finals must be taken at a school facility and proctored by a CPS employee designated by the CPS Online Program Coordinator;
- Course Instructors are CPS instructors.
CPS Online Support
Monday–Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (EST)
Saturday–Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST)Schoology SupportYour Building's Media Specialist (Click here for Media Center Contacts List)Schoology Support Web Site (https://support.schoology.com/hc/en-us/categories/200077723-General#section-header)CPS Technology Services Help Desk
Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 5:30 pm
CPS Online OfficeOffice: 573-214-3824Cell/Text: 573-864-7984