HOW SICK IS TOO SICK TO BE AT SCHOOL?
Students exhibiting the following symptoms will be sent home and/or should remain at home if they have any of the following:
- temperature of 100 degrees or greater
- vomiting with associated signs of illness
- unusual or unexplained rash
- persistent cough
- ongoing symptoms of discomfort or immobility from an injury
- A concerning health condition that may require further medical evaluation
Students may return to school when:
- fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication
- vomiting and/or diarrhea free for 24 hours
- other conditions (rash, injury or health concern) subside or with a provider's note
Students with a communicable disease must have a release from their healthcare provider to return to school.