Curriculum and Instruction
Columbia Public School Curriculum and Instruction team will develop a culturally inclusive, rigorous, and relevant curriculum and programming to support the development of a portrait of a graduate.
The purpose of the Curriculum and Instruction Department in Columbia Public Schools is to build capacity to improve student performance as defined by district goals.
Building capacity through:
- Equity of access to the curriculum
- Commitment to consistent district – wide learner expectations
- Clarity of expectations for Instruction
- Empowerment of teachers to differentiate instruction
- Integration between content areas as appropriate
- Dissemination of research-based instructional strategies
- District-wide assessments that inform instruction and curriculum
- Professional development
To learn more about the district’s curriculum offerings and other educational programs, please visit the links listed to the right.