Notice of Nondiscrimination
The Columbia Public School District strives for equal opportunity in its educational programs and activities, and in the district's employment policies. The following represents the nondiscrimination policy of the school district:
The Columbia Public School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, or use of leave protected by the Family and Medical Leave Act, in the recruitment, selection, treatment, and promotion of employees; in the admission and participation of students in the district's educational programs or activities; in vocational opportunities; or in the treatment, counseling, and placement of students. In addition, the district provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Any person who feels that he or she has been discriminated against in violation of the nondiscrimination policy shall apply for redress or direct questions to the following coordinators:
- Section 504 Coordinator, 504 Program Coordinator Shae Collier
- Compliance Officer for Student Matters, Chief Equity Officer Carla London
- Compliance Officer for Personnel Matters, Interim Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, Michelle Holz
- Title IX Coordinator for Student Matters, Supervisor of Student Services, Ranita Norwood
- Title IX Coordinator for Personnel Matters, HR Manager of Non-Certified Personnel, Joey Schenz
- Age Discrimination in Employment Coordinator, Interim Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, Michelle Holz
- Homeless Coordinator, Supervisor of Student Services, Ranita Norwood
Each of the coordinators can be reached at Columbia Public School District, 1818 West Worley Street, Columbia, MO 65203, (573) 214-3400.