A+ Program Resources⇒ A+ Program Application
(should be turned in to the Counseling Office Receptionist)More Information about A+
Check HERE for more information about A+ from the Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development.
What does the A+ Scholarship cover?
The A+ Scholarship will pay tuition and fees to any Missouri public community college or career/technical school for up to 2 years. There are also incentive A+ scholarships at some 4 year schools in Missouri.
To qualify for the A+ Scholarship, students must:
To qualify for the A+ Student Financial Incentive students must:
- Complete a written A+ Schools Agreement;
- Attend a designated A+ high school for two years prior to graduation (Must apply no later than Nov. 1 of your senior year.
- Graduate from high school with a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale (grades 9-12);
- Maintain a 95 percent attendance record in grades 9-12;
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring coordinated by the A+ office (up to 12.5 hours can include job shadowing experiences);
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the use of alcohol and other unlawful drugs (not be suspended five days or more and no Safe Schools Act violations, grades 9-12);
- Earn a score of Proficient or higher on the Algebra 1 End of Course Assessment
- Attend a Missouri community college or post-secondary vocational/technical school on a full-time basis and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher
The A+ Schools Program’s student financial incentive will be available for up to two (2) years of attendance during the four-year period after graduation from high school. To access the funds, participants must:
- Submit a Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA) form (second semester of their senior year). FAFSA Application and Information
Have registered for Selective Service (male U.S. citizen over age 18). Selective Service Registration