Hi! My name is Mr. Aulgur and I teach 8th grade Social Studies at Gentry Middle School. This is my 12th year teaching in Columbia Public schools and I am excited about starting my 8th year here at Gentry Middle School!
- I believe history is one of the most important subjects to teach because it informs who we are as citizens and helps us make decisions that impact society.
- As a teacher I like to bring a lot of energy to class, make sure my students views are heard and making learning as interactive as possible
- I coordinate Darkroom Records, a free recording studio for students in Columbia Public Schools where they can record music and learn how to engineer and produce music.
- I grew up in Columbia and even went to Gentry and Rock Bridge
- I love playing and listening to music! I'm always interested to know what you are listening to or what instruments you are playing.
- When it comes to sports teams, I am an avid supporter of the St. Louis Cardinals, Kansas City Chiefs, Missouri Tigers and team USA in anything.
- Lastly, this is going to be a year unlike any other, but we are going to provide your kids a stellar education and I will support your learning anyway I can.