The Columbia Board of Education has called a special election for Tuesday, April 3, 2018, to submit a proposal for a $30 million no-tax-rate-increase bond issue to Columbia voters. The bond issue proposal requires 57 percent approval for passage.
Did you know...
- Student enrollment has increased by more than 1,000 students in the last 10 years; another 1,000 students are projected over the next five years.
- 18,552 students PreK-12 are enrolled, making CPS the 7th largest school district in Missouri.
- To date, the school district has eliminated 108 trailers. In 2006, there were 173 trailers in use; today there are 65. Under the current facility plan, there will be less than 20 trailers by 2020.
- There are 36 school buildings and 3 support facilities.
- The district maintains 3.4 million square feet of building space and 1.9 million square feet of roof space.
- More than half the buildings are 40 years old or older. Only three schools are less than 10 years old.