CPS Online Announcements
Interested in Taking An Online Class Next Year?
Note: Online classes are not available for students to select when they enroll online through Home Access...HOWEVER, if they are interested in an online course in 18-19 students just need to write it/them on their paper course request form and their counselor will hand enter it.
Access a list of available courses by clicking on the link to the left.
Secondary Summer School enrollment begins Tuesday, February 6.
*The online enrollment option opens at 9:00 a.m. Parents must have a home access account to use the online option accessed at www.cpsk12.org/ssenroll. Students entering 10-12 can also access this site to enroll in credit advancement classes.
*Paper copies of the registration guide and enrollment form materials will be available in the school counseling office.
*Counselors will work with students who need to enroll in credit recovery courses.
Columbia Public Schools offers students in grades 9-12 the opportunity to take one/more of their classes online. These online courses are designed for students who are self-motivated and can work independently. In an online course, students take the entire course online as opposed to a face-to-face classroom environment. Courses follow the same semester calendar as face-to-face courses.Course Selection Includes (but is not limited to):
- Career Path Internship
- Career Exploration
- Personal Finance
- Physical Education
- U.S. Government
- Click on the "CPS Online Course Offerings" link to the left for a current list of available courses and/or ask your counselor for more information.
More About CPS Online
- Courses are available for grades 9-12;
- Courses are asynchronous (i.e students work at their own pace);
- Assignments are due at specified weekly intervals;
- All content is online;
- Students will access online courses through Schoology or Apex Learning depending upon the course;
- Students are expected to log in daily to the online course to check for instructor updates;
- Students can work on assignments anytime throughout the week, as long as work is posted by specified due dates;
- Students can work on courses at school or offsite if the student has access to a personal computer and Internet access;
- Online courses are aligned with the current school semester calendar;
- All course finals must be taken at a school facility and proctored by a CPS employee designated by the CPS Online Program Coordinator;
- Course Instructors are CPS instructors.
CPS Online Support
Monday - Friday
5:00 am - 7:00 pm PT
https://support.apexlearning.com/contactSchoology SupportYour Building's Media Specialist (Click here for Media Center Contacts List)Schoology Support Web Site (https://support.schoology.com/hc/en-us/categories/200077723-General#section-header)CPS Technology Services Help Desk
Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 6:00 pm
CPS Online OfficeOffice: 573-214-3824Cell/Text: 573-864-7984