We are gearing up for Virtual MAP and EOC testing! Here's where you can find all things testing for Gentry. Below is a calendar for our virtual MAP and EOC days so you have a solid idea of when your student is testing, what it looks like when they enter the building, a list of things your student needs to bring with them on testing days, and some suggestions we have in order to help your student do their best!
If you have any questions, please reach out to Abi Elliott, the building testing coordinator, or any of the members of the guidance team!
What are the times my student needs to be in the building?
Students need to be at Gentry before 7:20 AM and picked up (via car or bus) by 9:55 AM.
What does my student need to bring on testing days?
All students should bring the following:
- Charged and updated iPad
- Water bottle
- Earbuds/Headphones (Wired ONLY; no bluetooth-connected earbuds/headphones or Airpods)
- Physical Book (no ebooks; students are not able to be on iPads or any electronic devices after testing)
Please have your student leave any internet-connected devices (like smartwatches, switches, etc.) at home.
Where does my student go when they enter the building?
Students will enter through the front doors and find their point person holding a blue sign saying "Welcome Virtual MAP Testers! Come See Me!". They will be directed to their testing table.
How can I help prepare my student at home?
There are a few different things you can do at home to prepare! Here are our suggestions:
- Get a full and good night's sleep so they are prepared and ready to go!
- Also, please make sure they arrive on time!
- Eat a good breakfast!
- Charge their school-issued iPad nightly.
- And double check with them that they have it in the morning!
- Encourage them to take their time and try their best!