The Columbia Public Schools Science department encourages students to explore all areas of science, develop an understanding of the natural world, use appropriate scientific processes, become scientifically literate, and participate intelligently in public discourse about matters of scientific and technological concern.Science program goals:
Take a look at some of the work students are doing as part of the MU/CPS BGREEN Partnership - CLICK HERE! This example is from Two Mile Prairie 5th Grade.
- Establish a seamless, aligned, rigorous science curriculum
- Implement results-oriented pedagogy
- Maximize use of facilities, technology, and budget resources
- Maximize student successes and meet student achievement expectations in science-related content
- Provide high quality, time oriented, needs-based professional development opportunities to science faculty