Welcome to the JMS Guidance Office:
Students: Need to see a counselor?
Use this form to request an appointment
Enrolling a student new to CPS, please have the following documents:
- Birth Record: Birth certificate, Visa, Passport, or Hospital verification letter
- Parent/Legal Guardian's Proof of Residence: Signed lease, Deed/Warranty to the house, or Utility bill (gas/water/electric)
- Immunization record
The easiest way to enroll is online. However, paper copies of the CPS enrollment application are available at the school if needed.
The JMS Lottery opens every fall in October for the following school year.
- Families with current lottery elementary students should complete a CPS Lottery Transfer request. These forms are managed by the lottery elementary schools.
- Families with current JMS students wishing to enroll a sibling:
- Your students must attend Jefferson Middle School the same year to qualify for a sibling request
- You will need to complete a Sibling Transfer Request form and turn it in to the registrar at JMS
- Families residing outside of the Jefferson Middle School attendance area are encouraged to apply for the lottery online.
*Transportation is provided for all lottery students.
*Once a student is accepted through the lottery process, they will be eligible to attend JMS for the remainder of their middle school career. If a lottery family moves, they should notify the registrar as soon as possible with updated proof of residency (POR) or update their address via HAC and upload their current POR.
New and Existing Student Course Request Forms:
- 5th Grade Presentation
- Middle School Course Descriptions
- 2023-2024 7th Grade Course Requests
- 2023-2024 8th Grade Course Requests
- 2023-2024 STEAM Electives
Apply for AVID using this link.
Guidance Office Main Phone: 573-214-3212
Guidance Office Fax: 573-214-3396
- Barbara Moore: Guidance Counselor (Last Name A-He) x 2 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lindsay Brockmeier (Last Names Hi-Mc) x 4 email@example.com
- Mike Hogan: Guidance Counselor (Last Name Me-Z) x 0 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ann Baker: Outreach Counselor x 6 email@example.com
- Amanda Farris: Special Education Chair x 3 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dan Ellis: School Psychologist x 47442 email@example.com