New Educator Induction
Welcome! We are committed to giving you the information, resources, and support necessary to make the transition to our district or begin your school career. As part of the induction program, all new educators to our district participate in our induction events described below. This website is your source for information regarding these events and district mentoring.
- Beginning Teacher Assistance and Mentor Program
- Introduction to 504 for Educators
- New Educator Summer Schedule:
- New Employee Orientation: New employees will be notified by the Human Resources Office of the date and time of their Employee Orientation.
- Welcome Center: At the Welcome Center, educators will learn to navigate essential CPS online programs, participate in technology training, gain access to curriculum, and receive your district device.
- Location: Aslin Administration Building, 1818 W. Worley Street
- Dates: May 31, June 7, June 14, June 21, July 6, July 12, July 19, July 26 and August 1
- Time: Begin at 1:30 p.m. and end at 3:30 p.m.
- Additional Welcome Centers: May 31 and July 19; 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Welcome Center Schedule
- New Educator Orientation: August 2, 3 and 4 at Smithton Middle School Schedule and Details
- Workshop and Planning Days (Back to School) August 9, 10, 11 and 14: All staff members report to buildings to meet with principals, prepare rooms, and organize instructional materials according to their building schedule. Your building will have information about curriculum meetings and topics.