Welcome to Ben Fortel's page!Classes: Physics FirstAP Physics 1Environmental Science
Email: BFortel@cpsk12.orgPhone: 573-214-3300I love Physics because it examines the underlying principles that govern the universe, and studying it helps us better understand ourselves and the world around us. I have taught since 2004 and have utilized the Physics First paradigm since I started at Columbia Public Schools in 2012. I am very excited about the Physics First program because I see how its conceptual, modeling approach gives students the background and skills they need to pursue their passion for science and succeed in life in general.About me:
- I am a former Marine and spent the majority of my tour of duty overseas, protecting U.S. embassies
- Aside from my bachelor's degree in Physics, I have also earned a master's degree in sustainable systems.
- My lovely wife, Jenny, and I have been married for 18 years, and we have two wonderful sons, Gabriel and Owen.
- When I'm not teaching, I enjoy being outdoors, quilting, and reading.
Help outside of class:Student success is my priority. I am happy to provide additional assistance to students who need it before or after the school day. I arrive at 7:45 each day and am willing to schedule appointments to meet with students after school.
- I tweet! You can follow me at @benfortel.
- Updated information about topics covered in class, assignments, assessment schedule, and a class calendar available through Schoology.