Ben FortelScience Department: BHS Science websiteCourses Taught:Physics FirstAP Physics 1Environmental ScienceOffice Hours Availability:Mon: 2:30-4:05 PMTue: 2:30-4:05 PMWed: 2:00-4:00 PMThu: 2:30-4:05 PMFri: 2:30-4:05 PMEmail: BFortel@cpsk12.orgPhone: 573-214-3300I love Physics because it examines the underlying principles that govern the universe, and studying it helps us better understand ourselves and the world around us.I love Environmental Science because it provides a framework to help us navigate living in a way that respects our community, our surroundings, and ourselves.About me:
- I am a former Marine and spent the majority of my tour of duty overseas, protecting U.S. embassies.
- Aside from my bachelor's degree in Physics, I have also earned a master's degree in sustainable systems.
- My lovely wife, Jenny, and I have been married for 19 years, and we have two wonderful sons, Gabriel and Owen.
- When I'm not teaching, I enjoy being outdoors, quilting, and reading.
Help outside of class:Student success is my priority. I am happy to provide additional assistance to students who need it before or after the school day.
- I tweet! You can follow me at @benfortel.
- Updated information about the topics covered in class, assignments and activities, as well as additional resources are available through Schoology.