Welcome to the Derby Ridge Media Center!
Library catalog: Destiny
Amy Wittman - Library Media Specialist
Lydia Muchow - Media Instructional Aide
Gary Westergren - Library Media Clerk
- With a pass from their teacher, students may visit the library to return or check out books during regular school hours.
- Students also visit the library weekly with their classroom teacher. During this visit, students learn basic library skills, hear a read aloud, and have time to select books.
- Kindergartners and 1st grade may check out two books, and 2nd through 5th graders may check out three books.
- Students may keep books for one to two weeks and potentially longer, if needed. They just need to bring them to the library so we can renew them.
- Library staff provides teachers with overdue book notices every few months. While there is NO fine for overdue books, if a book is lost or damaged, we do request payment. The replacement cost of the book is quoted on the overdue notice. Parents/guardians may pay with exact cash or with a check made out to Columbia Public Schools. Please send the payment to school in an envelope marked “Library.” If a family is financially unable to pay, please contact the Library Media Specialist.
- We want every child to have access to library media resources, and while we try to be very accommodating and understanding, students who regularly lose or damage books or technology (iPads/headphones) may risk losing the privilege of borrowing materials.
Scholastic Book Fairs
Two or three times a year, we host a Scholastic Book Fair. We so appreciate family support on these fairs as we always want to generate excitement about books and reading and learning. Also, every purchase at these fairs earn us "Scholastic Dollars" that help us get new books in the hands of our students.