Secondary Summer School enrollment begins Monday, March 1, 2021.
- Online enrollment for Secondary Summer School will open on Monday, March 1 at 9:00 a.m. Parents of students grades 9 - 12 have access to online enrollment by going to the following site: www.cpsk12.org/ssenroll. Students entering grades 10-12 also have access.
- In that summer school is 19 days, students absent more than THREE days in an in-seat credit advancement course are not able to earn credit. All absences, including those due to school-related activities count toward the three-day maximum.
- Please review the 2021 Secondary Registration Guide. We strongly encourage you to read the Frequently Asked Questions section and the description for courses you are planning to request. Some courses have pre-requisites and/or grade restrictions of which you need to be aware.
CPS Online Announcements
Columbia Public Schools offers students the opportunity to take one/more of their classes online. These online courses are designed for students who are self-motivated and can work independently. In an online course, students take the entire course online as opposed to a face-to-face classroom environment. Courses follow the same semester calendar as face-to-face courses.Course Selection Includes (but is not limited to):
- Career Path Internship
- Career Exploration
- Personal Finance
- Physical Education
- U.S. Government
- Click on the "CPS Online Course Offerings" link to the left for a current list of available courses and/or ask your counselor for more information.
More About CPS Online
CPS Board of Education Equity StatementColumbia Public Schools, through action and in partnership with families and the community will uphold the values, policies, and practices that promote cultural competence. We will accept, embrace, and empower students and staff in their individual identities to establish and sustain human dignity, justice, equitable treatment, and inclusiveness in the classroom and workplace.
- Courses are available for grades 6-12;
- Courses are asynchronous (i.e students work at their own pace);
- Assignments are due at specified weekly intervals;
- All content is online;
- Students will access online courses through Schoology or Edgenuity depending upon the course;
- Students are expected to log in daily to the online course to check for instructor updates;
- Students can work on assignments anytime throughout the week, as long as work is posted by specified due dates;
- Students can work on courses at school or offsite if the student has access to a personal computer and Internet access;
- Online courses are aligned with the current school semester calendar;
- All course finals must be taken at a school facility and proctored by a CPS employee designated by the CPS Online Program Coordinator;
- Course Instructors are CPS instructors.
CPS Online Support
Monday–Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (EST)
Saturday–Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST)Schoology SupportYour Building's Media Specialist (Click here for Media Center Contacts List)Schoology Support Web Site (https://support.schoology.com/hc/en-us/categories/200077723-General#section-header)CPS Technology Services Help Desk
573-214-3334 (Students ONLY)573-214-3333
Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 5:30 pm
CPS Online OfficeOffice: 573-214-3824Cell/Text: 573-864-7984