Columbia Public Schools offers students the opportunity to take one/more of their classes online. These online courses are designed for students who are self-motivated and can work independently. In an online course, students take the entire course online as opposed to a face-to-face classroom environment. Courses follow the same semester calendar as face-to-face courses.Course Selection Includes (but is not limited to):
- Career Path Internship
- Career Exploration
- Personal Finance
- Physical Education
- U.S. Government
- Click on the "CPS Online Course Offerings" link to the left for a current list of available courses and/or ask your counselor for more information.
More About CPS Online
CPS Board of Education Equity StatementColumbia Public Schools, through action and in partnership with families and the community, will uphold the values, policies, and practices that promote cultural competence. We will accept, embrace, and empower students and staff in their individual identities to establish and sustain human dignity, justice, equitable treatment, and inclusiveness in the classroom and workplace.
- Courses are available for grades K-12.
- Grades 6-12 courses are asynchronous (i.e students work at their own pace).
- Assignments are due at specified weekly intervals.
- All content is online.
- Students will access online courses through Schoology or Edgenuity depending upon the course.
- Students can work on courses at school or offsite if the student has access to a personal computer and Internet access.
- Online courses are aligned with the current school semester calendar.
- Course Instructors are certified CPS instructors, most of whom teach the same content in an in-seat classroom.
- Course content " parallels" the curriculum used in CPS classrooms.
- Students remain in contact with their CPS counselor and regular CPS school building.
CPS Online Support
Edgenuity system status page: https://status.imaginelearning.com/
Edgenuity Help Webpage for Families: https://help.imagineedgenuity.com/hc/en-us/categories/6906227526167
Monday–Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (EST)
Saturday–Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST)Schoology SupportYour Building's Media Specialist (Click here for Media Center Contacts List)CPS Technology Services Help Desk
573-214-3334 (Students ONLY)573-214-3333
Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 5:30 pm
CPS Online OfficeOffice: 573-214-3824
CPS Online Announcements
CPS Online Now Offers a Full-time Online MS Curriculum!
Starting in the 22-23 school year, CPS Online will offer CPS middle school students the opportunity to take all of their courses online, working with certified CPS teachers. While we know this isn't for everyone, we also know that personal, family and life circumstances can make full-time online learning an attractive or even necessary option.
Parenting, Media, and Everything in Between
Digital media and technology aren't going anywhere. So it's worthwhile to focus on how parents, caregivers, and teachers can work together to help kids develop essential life skills, both with and without the use of screens. Check out these resources for families from Common Sense Media: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/articles/teens
Common Sense Media is a great resource for parents (and educators) in this Digital Age. In this article they acknowledge that it's nearly impossible to keep kids from screens. So why not make the best of your family's media use? They go on to assert that a healthy relationship with screens is possible, and it starts with balancing media use with other activities like sleep, connecting with loved ones, and exercising. Read it all here:
Need Technical Help With Edgenuity?
Call (877) 202-0338 for Edgenuity technical help. (All content-related questions should go to your CPS teacher).