SCHOOL COUNSELING ANNOUNCEMENTS
Follow the Counseling Office on Instagram @RBHSCounseling and Twitter @RBHSGuidance for counseling announcements, college updates, ACT/SAT prep information, and more!SENIOR Scholarship Opportunity:MSBA FutureBuilders established the scholarship program in memory of John T. Belcher, who was instrumental in developing innovative financing programs for Missouri school districts. The learning environment for thousands of Missouri’s public school students improved as a result of his work. A $1000 annual scholarship is awarded to a student in each of MSBA’s 17 regions. Applicants are judged on the basis of academic performance, extracurricular activities and the quality of an essay. A statewide winner is selected from this group of regional winners and awarded an additional $1500.Seniors interested in being nominated for the MSBA John T. Belcher Scholarship should complete the application below and email it to Mrs. Geyer email@example.com Friday, Nov. 20th.Registration for 2021 AP Exams is happening now! This year, registration will take place online, and a link to the 2021 AP Registration Form is below. The cost of each AP exam is $95. A deposit of $40 per exam is required to register for the test. The $40 deposit will apply toward the total exam cost and you will pay the remaining balance of $55 per exam by March 26, 2021. You can also choose to pay in full for your exam(s) ($95/exam) when you register. Fee waivers are available for students who receive Free/Reduced Lunch. Please email Mrs. Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like a fee waiver.**Students must register for and take exams with the school where they are taking the AP class. For example, if you are enrolled in Virtual AP Calculus taught by a Hickman teacher, you must complete the Hickman AP registration form, send payment to Hickman, and take the test with Hickman.
Important registration information and deadlines:
♦ 2021 RBHS AP Registration Form• Joining your AP class in MyAP does NOT register you for the exam. You must complete the link above and pay your deposit to be registered.
• Regular Registration Deadline: Fri., Nov. 6, 2020 – a late fee of $40 per exam will be charged for any registration submitted after Nov. 6.
• To register for an AP exam, you must complete the online registration form and pay the minimum deposit of $40/exam.• Students enrolled in 2nd semester only AP classes (AP Comp. Gov, Online AP Psych, Online AP Environmental Science, Online AP Comp. Sci) can register by March 5, 2021 without being charged the late fee.• For 2021, AP is waiving the $40 exam cancellation fee, so it is in student’s best interest to register by Nov. 6th since there is no penalty for changing your mind and cancelling the testlater.
• Final Registration Deadline: Friday, March 5, 2021. NO exam registration will be accepted after this date.
• Final Payment Due: Friday, March 26, 2021
You can pay your AP exam fees online at https://www.cpsk12.org/CPSAP using a credit or debit card (Online Payment Instructions),or by check (made payable to Rock Bridge High School) mailed to:
Rock Bridge High School
ATTN: Counseling Office AP Registration
4303 S. Providence Rd
Columbia, MO 65203
Remember, students must have joined their teacher’s AP section through MyAP to have an exam ordered for you. If you have not already joined the AP class in MyAP, please contact your teacher for the Join Code and enroll ASAP.
Connect With Your Counselor
Counselors are available to meet with students during their Office Hours, or by individual appointment during the week. If you would like to meet with your counselor outside of their Office Hours, please don't hesitate to reach out to them via email, or schedule an appointment through their Calendly link.
VIRTUAL CALMING CENTER (login to CPS Google to access)
2020 has been overwhelming in many ways, and many of us are feeling stressed, anxious, and unprepared to handle the load that this year has given us to carry. The Virtual Calming Center offers resources to help you find a moment of calm in the chaos. From guided meditation, to yoga, to creative coloring, the Calming Center allows a place where you can refocus, regroup, and reenergize. We invite you to take a few minutes to check it out and Get Your Calm On!
Newsletter topics include:
- How to connect with counselors in the virtual setting
- The BCMHC Checklist for students – open now until Oct. 30th! We want to hear from all our students so we can best support them!
- IPR grades and tutoring resources
- Tips for students and parents in e-learning
- Counseling lessons – where to find them
- AP exam registration
- Self-care student support group
- Resources for high achieving and gifted students in virtual learning