AZZ WELDINGHere at AZZ Switchgear Systems in Fulton, MO, a leading manufacturer of Switchgear Enclosures, we are recruiting for welders for our Fabrication department. We have competitive wages for 1st and 2nd shift positions with a 8.5% shift differential. Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, Vacation/PTO, matching 401k, Employee Incentive Bonus program, Tuition Reimbursement, Training and Development opportunities and many other benefits. No Mandatory overtime, holiday pay, overtime for hours worked over 8 hours in the day and double time if working Sundays.
The main job purpose is to set up and align parts per blueprint in preparation for welding and perform welding operations.
1. Equipment Used: Welding machine, cutting torch, manual plasma cutter, brush, pad, buffer, grinder, overhead crane, ratchet straps, rubber hammer, tape measure
2. Certificates, licenses, and registrations: Must have or will achieve welding certification. Ability to obtain and maintain fork truck license if required.
3. Knowledge/Skills: Able to read tape measure and blueprints. Able to properly operate welding equipment. Must be trained in applicable SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and work instructions, if any.
4. Education/Experience: At least 1 year of welding experience OR TRAINING. High school diploma or equivalency (GED) preferred, but not required
5. Language Skills: Able to read and comprehend simple or somewhat complex instructions. Able to write notes or simple correspondence. Able to effectively communicate information to coworkers.
6. Mathematical Skills: Able to perform simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division calculations using whole numbers as well as decimals/fractions. Able to calculate and interpret common tape measurements.
7. Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out multiple-step instructions of moderate complexity. Able to deal with standardized situations with a limited set of variables.
8. Attendance Requirement: Requires regular attendance during scheduled shift and overtime as required.
9. Travel Requirement: None
10. Physical Demands: Manufacturing position; spends more than 2/3 of time standing, kneeling/crouching/stooping, using hands, and reaching. Spends app. 1/3 of time walking and talking/hearing. Spends less than 1/3 of time positioning items weighing up to 250 lbs. (Lifting and moving of heavier items is achieved via overhead cranes and forklifts). Generally requires clear vision at close distances (for reading prints/instructions and marking reference points
11. Work Environment: Industrial manufacturing environment with loud noise level. Facility is enclosed and is ventilated and heated, but is not air-conditioned. Smoke from welding processes is removed by direct airflow from fans. More than 2/3 of time is spent near moving mechanical parts, in heat/humidity. Steel toe shoes, safety eyewear, and hearing protection required. Gloves, face-shield, welding helmet, and other PPE as needed. Contact lenses are not permitted.
Interested applicants should go to the azz.com website and explore the Switchgear Systems plant. To apply, go to AZZ.com, scroll to the bottom of the page, select Careers, and search by the 65251 Fulton zip code to view openings for this facility.Forum 8 is Now Hiring! Must Love Movies!Apply at the theater or click here to apply online
Earn 1 full credit (1/2 credit each semester) by completing a career related internship or job experience through the Career Path (CP) Internship Course:Career Path Internship 1430ELOGrade Level: 11, 12 Credit: ½ or 1 Type: Elective
This semester or year-long CPS online course will provide students the opportunity to explore career interests and develop job skills through "real world" experience at an internship or employment site. Students are required to complete a minimum of 50 hours per semester at their internship/job site(s)* in addition to completion of course assignments such as: monthly journals, writing a resume and cover letter, and participating in performance evaluations. Students will also be required to maintain a timesheet documenting their internship hours. Students enrolling in this course should be self-motivated and responsible with excellent time management skills. Students must provide their own transportation to/from their internship site. Students are responsible for choosing and setting up their internship site(s); however, if needed, the course instructor can provide assistance in locating appropriate internship placement. Interns must complete and submit the CP Internship Application to Mrs. Reed (email@example.com) BEFORE the start of the class. The CP Internship Application is available online at: https://www.cpsk12.org/domain/5258. Students may choose to intern at more than one site during the semester or year.
*Students may complete up to 30 hours during the summer prior to the school year in which they are enrolled in the CP Internship course. The CP Internship Application must be completed and submitted prior to the start of the summer for any summer hours to be accepted. Students must maintain a timesheet and have their summer hours verified by the internship site supervisor.