Coordinator: Kathleen Wells-Morgan
A+ Secretary: Jacque Morse
PHONE: 573-214 – 3026 FAX: 573-214-3057
Eligible A+ Community Colleges and Vocational Technical Schools
For most accurate information, contact individual post-secondary institutions to verify their current policy about A+ Scholarships.
Pending adequate state funds, A+ certified students will receive tuition reimbursement while attending a Missouri public community college or career/technical school on a full-time basis for up to an Associate Degree or the equivalent. This scholarship will cover the unpaid balance of tuition after federal post-secondary financial assistance has been applied. The tuition amount eligible for reimbursement is capped at the published standard per credit hour tuition rate charged by the State Technical College of Missouri. Certification is reliant on meeting each of the requirements below prior to high school graduation, except for the math score that may be achieved during the 4-year window after graduation:
- Attend a designated A+ School for three (3) years prior to high school graduation.
- Graduate from an A+ designated high school with a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Have at least 95% attendance record for grades 9-12.
- Perform and document fifty (50) hours of unpaid tutoring during your high school career coordinated by HHS A+ Office (up to 12.5 hours can consist of job shadowing experiences).
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and alcohol
- Earn a score of Proficient or higher on the Algebra 1 End of Course Assessment or an equivalent math sub score on the ACT.
The A+ Schools Program student financial incentive can be applied toward up to 105% of the credit hours required for the program in which you are enrolled at a participating post-secondary institution in Missouri during the four-year period after graduation from high school. To access the funds, participants must:
- Submit a Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA) form
- Have registered for Selective Service (male U.S. citizen over age 18)
- Attend a Missouri public community college or career/technical school on a full-time basis
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident
- The Columbia Public School District does not discriminate based on age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, or disability. This policy regards admission/access to treatment/employment in its programs and activities.