Welcome to Jimmy Hale's page!
Mr. Jimmy Hale, Ed. S. - Assistant Principal
I am originally from Monterey, California and came to Missouri when my father retired from the Army. I entered the field of education because I always loved school growing up and appreciated the relationships I developed with my teachers and coaches. My wife Carrie (also in education) and I have been married for 20 years and have been blessed with three incredible daughters who keep us busy and on our toes. Kinzy, our oldest daughter, just graduated from RockBridge HS and is off to college to study to become a Veterinarian. I will have two daughters at JMS with me this year. Riley will be an 8th grader and Campbell will be a 6th grader.
It is hard to believe that this is my 23rd year in education. During that time I taught and coached multiple sports for over ten years and have been an administrator ever since hanging up my whistle. My experiences over the years have been amazing as a high school assistant principal, district activities/athletic director, and middle school assistant principal. I have also helped to write and create five books: a four part Middle School survival guide and a guide to growing up (also known as the puberty book).
Throughout all the years I have found that one of the most important components of what I do is building relationships with students, staff, and community. It is a privilege to be able to work with the outstanding students and staff as well as the parents and community to educate our children.
If you have any questions or need assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to working with you and your child in the upcoming school year.
Mr. Jimmy Hale, Ed. S.
Phone: 573-214-3210 Ext. 47401
What are some of the things Mr. Hale does?
- Evaluates teachers and staff to make sure they are doing the best they can each day
- Mentors teachers on classroom management strategies
- Supports students, staff, and parents so they can have an amazing experience at JMS
- Supervises extra curricular activities and cheers our teams to victory
- Attends IEP and 504 meetings to help find the best plan for students with needs and challenges
- Monitors students' grades and works with students who are struggling in classes
- Conducts home visits with our Home School Communicator to reach out to families who need assistance
- Manages our Jump Start Day activities
- Supports the guidance staff during Standardized Testing and schedule pick up night
- Organizes 6th-8th grade orientation and open house
- Helps with supervision of the cafeteria
- Works with staff to recognize students that are doing awesome
- Building wide disciplinarian, helping students who are struggling with making good choices
- Part of the wonderful Positive Behavior Support Team.
- Creates and organizes/purchases student planners
- Coordinates assemblies
- Works with custodians to make sure the building is beautiful
- Oversees all safety and security plans and drills to make sure all of our students and staff are safe each day