ANNOUNCEMENTS AND NEWS
AVID Recruitment for 2019-2020Posted by Kayla Phillips on 1/11/2019 6:15:00 AM
Guest Speakers this year!!!!Posted by Kayla Phillips on 11/15/2018 12:10:00 PM
Holiday Mentor/Mentee BreakfastPosted by Kayla Phillips on 11/15/2018 11:50:00 AM
First Campus Visit!!!Posted by Kayla Phillips on 11/15/2018 11:40:00 AM
Games & Grub Family Event - October 18th - after school!Posted by Kayla Phillips on 10/30/2017 1:30:00 PM
AVID Community Service ProjectsPosted by Kayla Phillips on 10/30/2017 1:00:00 PM
AVID's mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
Who is an AVID student?
- an acronym that stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination.
- an in-school academic support program for grades 7-12 that prepares students for college eligibility and success
- an elective class that meets during the regular school day
- for all students, but it targets those in the academic middle
- implemented both school-wide and district-wide
Students in the academic middle, capable of completing a college preparatory path with support. Sometimes these students have yet to realize their full academic potential. During the identification process, a number of criteria are considered, including:
If selected for AVID, what are the student responsibilities?1. Take the AVID elective class each year.2. Maintain satisfactory citizenship and attendance in all classes.3. Maintain the AVID binder contents including, but not limited to, assignment sheets and Cornell notes.4. Complete all homework assignments and commit to a structured homework routine each night.5. Maintain a grade of 80% (or 2.5) or higher in all classes
- Standardized Test Scores
- Desire and Determination