- Birth Certificate
- Hospital Record
General Enrollment Procedures
We are proud of our schools and strive to provide an outstanding educational program for all students. We look forward to working with parents and guardians to ensure a successful school experience for each student!
Who is eligible to enroll in CPS?
Students who reside in the district. You can confirm your eligibility using the school locator, which will also help you determine the school your student should attend in the school year selected. Children who are five years old before August 1 preceding the upcoming school year.
Where should parents and children enroll in CPS?
Families should enroll their student at the school that serves their neighborhood. Use the school locator to determine the school your student should attend. Be sure you select the correct school year on the locator tool for accurate information. Call (573) 214-3414 for assistance. You can enroll online here.
Of note: In-person enrollment is limited at this time. If you can't use the online enrollment form please contact your student's school to make an appointment.
Kindergarten enrollment generally begins in March for the following school year. Please check the Kindergarten Registration (coming soon) page for more information.
Are Language Interpreters Available?
Yes! CPS has free language interpretation available for parents/guardians and students who require it. If you require an interpreter, please inform your student’s teacher or school, and we will arrange for an interpreter to assist you. If we do not have a CPS interpreter for your language, we will work to find someone who can help. Translated enrollment forms are available by clicking here: https://www.cpsk12.org/Page/10660.
What do I need to complete my student's registration?
Please provide the student's birth certificate, immunization records, proof of legal residence and the student's social security card (requested, not required). Other supporting documents (link) may be needed. Additional information is below.
Supporting documents:(click on the document type for detailed information)Record of student's birth
Record of Immunizations
Documentation of Legal Residence for Parent/Guardian
- Bring an immunization record from an authorized healthcare provider or public agency (month/day/year is required for all immunization dates)
- Immunizations for polio, DTP, measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), hepatitis B and meningitis are required.
- Varicella vaccine(s) or proof of disease (chickenpox) is required for all students. Students in grades kindergarten through 10 only, must provide a signed note from the healthcare provider with the month and year of the disease as proof of disease. For students in grades 11 and 12, proof of disease shall be a signed note from the parent/guardian or healthcare provider with the month and year of the disease.
Foster Care or Court Ordered Guardianship
- Bring a copy of one of the following items:
- Contract of home purchase
- Real estate lease
- Current water, electric or gas bill showing address
- Notarized letter from the owner of the residence with whom the family is living along with the owner's legal proof of residence as listed above.
Social Security Card
- If the student is under the care of foster parents or court-ordered legal guardianship, please bring the appropriate documents.
- Requested but not required.