Regular Year Enrollment Procedures

  • We are proud of our schools and strive to provide an outstanding educational program for all students. We look forward to working with parents and guardians to ensure a successful school experience for each student!
    Parents and guardians enroll their children at the school that serves their neighborhood. Use the school locator to determine the elementary, middle, or high school that students in your area attend. If needed, call the Registrar's Office (573) 214-3414 for assistance.
    Elementary Buildings will be available to schedule appointments for enrollment after July 23rd.
    Middle School Buildings will be available to schedule appointments for enrollment after August 6th.
    High School Buildings have registrars available throughout the summer. Please call the school to make an appointment.
    For information about Summer School enrollment, go to Summer School Enrollment Procedures.
    Free – Language interpreting is available for parents/guardians and students who require it. If you require an interpreter, please inform your student’s teacher or school, and we will arrange for an interpreter to assist you. If we do not have a CPS interpreter for your language, we will work to find someone who can help.

    Two ways to enroll - either way concludes with you visiting your school:
    Please note – If you are currently enrolled in a CPS preschool program, you do not need to complete new enrollment forms. 


    Supporting documents to take to your school:

    (click on the document type for detailed information)
    Record of student's birth
    • Birth Certificate
    • Passport
    • Visa
    • Hospital Record

    Record of Immunizations

    • Bring an immunization record from an authorized healthcare provider or public agency (month/day/year is required for all immunization dates)
    • Immunizations for polio, DTP, measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), hepatitis B and meningitis are required.
    • Varicella vaccine(s) or proof of disease (chickenpox) is required for all students. Students in grades kindergarten through 10 only, must provide a signed note from the healthcare provider with the month and year of the disease as proof of disease.  For students in grades 11 and 12, proof of disease shall be a signed note from the parent/guardian or healthcare provider with the month and year of the disease.  
    Documentation of Legal Residence for Parent/Guardian
      Bring a copy of one of the following items:
    • Contract of home purchase
    • Real estate lease
    • Current water, electric or gas bill showing address
    • Notarized letter from the owner of residence with whom the family is living along with the owner's legal proof of residence as listed above.
    Foster Care or Court Ordered Guardianship
    • If the student is under the care of foster parents or court ordered legal guardianship, please bring the appropriate documents.
    Social Security Card
    • Requested but not required.