Summer School Enrollment Information
2021 Enrollment Information
Secondary Summer SchoolHow does a student enroll in Secondary Summer School?
- Review the course registration guide and enrollment application. These are also available at middle and high school guidance offices.
- Online Enrollment Option (Opens March 1, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.)
- Arrange a meeting with your school counselor to determine which courses are appropriate for your educational program. This process should begin in January during enrollment for the next school year so you can determine how summer school offerings fit into your graduation plan.
- Students earning one or more grades of F in core subjects are enrolled in credit recovery summer school by the counselor. Parents/guardians receive a letter addressing this in late January for first semester classes.
- A student with an Individual Education Plan (IEP) must also obtain the signature of his/her case manager. Specialized courses are available for students with an IEP. A student with an IEP should contact his/her case manager to discuss course options.
- English Language Learner students must obtain an ELL teacher signature.
- Return the completed Enrollment Application form to your guidance office for counselor signature. The counselor forwards the completed form to the Secondary Summer School office.
- Deadline for enrollment is Friday, April 30, 2021. Enrollment is on a space available basis so submit your form early. Students interested in the credit advancement programs should adhere to this deadline.
At which high school should a student enroll?
- All students attending Battle, Hickman or Rock Bridge High School for school year 2019-2020 should enroll in their respective school for summer courses. Douglass High School students and non-Columbia Public School students interested in attending should enroll in the high school as determined by their home address. Students wishing to request a transfer must complete a Secondary Summer School Transfer Request Form and submit it to the Summer School Office by April 30, 2021.