MSHSAA Required Athletic Paperwork:
- CPS Middle School Athletic Handbook
- Concussion Information
- Part 1: To Be Completed Every 2 Years
- Part 2: To Be Completed Annually
Athletic Director: Sam Bornhauser
ECA Secretary: Pattie Henderson
7th/8th Grade Girls and Boys Basketball- Tryouts Begin Monday, October 19
Girls and boys basketball tryouts will begin on Monday, October 19. Be sure that your child has turned in all of their MSHSAA paperwork to the main office PRIOR to tryouts. This paperwork can be found on above. Coaches will NOT be permitted to allow any student to begin the tryout process until all of this paperwork has been completed and is on file in the main office. Hope to see them there! Go Jaguars!
Tryout Dates/Times: All Tryouts will be held Monday, Oct. 19- Thursday, Oct. 22 in the Gym
- 8th Girls Basketball Tryouts- 3:00-4:30 pm
- 7th Boys Basketball Tryouts- 4:30-6:00 pm
- 8th Boys Basketball Tryouts- 6:00-7:30 pm
- 7th Girls Basketball Tryouts- 7:30-9:00 pm
Basketball Coaching Staff:
- 7th Girls Basketball Coach: Tara Frearson firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th Boys Basketball Coach: Angie Roberds email@example.com
- 8th Girls Basketball Coach: Dale Sykes Dsykes@cpsk12.org
- 8th Boys Basketball Coach: Ken Welty firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop Off and Pick Up COVID Safety Plan:
- Please drop your student off by the main school entrance.
- Students should remain outside the building until a coach greets them to ask them a series of COVID questions and have their temperature checked.
- Students will then exit the school after tryouts through the North (bus loop entrance). Please pick them up after tryouts in that bus loop.
7th/8th Grade Girls and Boys Basketball Tryouts
Girls and boys basketball tryouts will begin in mid to late October. Be sure that your child has turned in all of their MSHSAA paperwork to the main office PRIOR to tryouts. This paperwork can be found on our website located under the Extracurricular Tab on our homepage. Coaches will not be permitted to allow any student to begin the tryout process until all of this paperwork has been completed and is on file in the main office. Feel free to call the main office at 214-3240 to verify if your student's paperwork is on file in our main office. If you have any questions regarding any of our upcoming Winter athletic teams, please feel free to reach out to a member of our coaching staff:
7th Girls Basketball Coach: Tara Frearson email@example.com
7th Boys Basketball Coach: Angie Roberds firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Girls Basketball Coach: Brian Clayton email@example.com
8th Boys Basketball Coach: Ken Welty firstname.lastname@example.org
7th/8th Cheer Coaches: Bri Noltie Bnoltie@cpsk12.org and
Chrissy McCormick email@example.com
If your student is interested in participating in basketball cheerleading this year, please fill out this form: Basketball Cheerleading Interest Form to receive more information. For the winter season cheerleaders support all four basketball teams (7th girls and boys, 8th girls and boys) by cheering on the sidelines and performing at half time. 7th and 8th grade girls and boys are encouraged to try out! If you have any questions please contact Coach Noltie firstname.lastname@example.org or Coach McCormick email@example.com