Columbia Area Career Center’s HOSA State Winners
Congratulations to all of the Columbia Public Schools’ Columbia Area Career Center students who competed in the HOSA—Future Health Professionals, Virtual Missouri State Leadership Conference. HOSA teacher advisors are Christine Roberson, Kristine Hayes and Jeshanah Zolkowski.
The Missouri HOSA 2021 State Leadership Conference scheduled originally for March 22-23, in Rolla, Missouri, transitioned to a week-long virtual event from March 22 thru March 26. Below are the student winners from the event.
A keystone of HOSA is community service. Students were recognized for their outstanding community service with the Barbara James Service Award.
- State-level recognition: Sana Gaballah
- National bronze level recognition: Abbie Sivaraman, Vignesh Kumar
The top five students in each category were recognized. Students in the top three qualify to compete at the HOSA Virtual International Leadership conference June 23-26, 2021.
- 5th place - Job Seeking Skills: Elias Calvin, Hickman High School
- 3rd place - Joshua Kome, Hickman High School
- 3rd place - Health Care Display: Abbie Sivaraman, Saloni Chaurasia, Columbia Area Career Center
- 2nd Place - Biomedical Debate: Justin Hahm, Vignesh Kumar, Kevin Mao, Columbia Area Career Center
HOSA – Future Health Professionals, formerly known as Health Occupations Students of America, is an international career and technical student organization endorsed by the U.S. Department of Education and the Health Science Technology Education Division of ACTE. HOSA comprises middle school, secondary and postsecondary/collegiate students and professionals, alumni, and honorary members. It is headquartered in Southlake, Texas and is the largest student organization that prepares students to enter the healthcare field. Currently known as HOSA-Future Health Professionals, it is an international organization including the United States, U.S. Territories, Canada, China and Mexico.